Are you in charge of throwing a friend or family member a wedding or baby shower? If so, consider using a garden-theme for a fun and flower-filled affair. Here are some tips:
- Arrange fruit: Set out this beautiful basket and fill it with fresh fruit for your guests to snack on.
- Invite them in style: Send mailed invitations that are in keeping with your garden theme. You might choose a floral stationery or tuck a silk daisy inside the envelope.
- Make floral straws: We love Martha Stewart's idea of using pretty paper to turn your straws into awesome centerpieces. For the "stems," use our stainless steel drinking straws and then invite guests to take them home as a party favor!
- Offer dessert: A light, sweet sherbet makes the perfect dessert for any summertime shower. Serve it in these darling little ice cream bowls from StainlessLUX.
- Serve cold drinks: Icy cold drinks are perfect on a warm afternoon. Offer your guests several options, including iced tea and lemonade. Serve them from gorgeous stainless steel pitchers with matching cups.
- Sit outside: The perfect setting for a garden-themed shower is, of course, a flower garden! Better Homes & Garden suggests renting space at a park, resort or botanical garden center. It's also easy to create the look in any yard or patio area. Just arrange pots of flowers on the ground and table tops to create the illusion of sitting among a thousand blooms. Be sure to vary the planters' sizes and heights to add visual depth, dimension and interest.
Are you looking for a gift for the new mom or bride-to-be? Shop the StainlessLUX website to see dozens of wonderful options.