There's nothing like wrapping cold fingers around a warm cup of something come wintertime. From morning pick-me-ups to evening party drinks to soothing late-night beverages, there is a hot drink for every occasion. Keep yourself and your guests warm with these drink ideas:
- Nutella Mocha: What could make a regular mocha even more rich and decadent? A nice dollop of Nutella, of course. Add it to your morning latte for a nutty, extra-thick beverage that's guaranteed to kill the morning blues.
- Mulled Cider: Contrary to what you might expect from its complex flavor, making mulled cider at home is actually quite easy. Just simmer apple cider with mulling spices (in a reusable teabag or mulling sachet if you have one), with orange peel and ginger to taste.
- Mexican Hot Cocoa: Spice up an ordinary hot cocoa with cinnamon and cayenne pepper for an added warming effect.
Night (Includes Alcohol)
- Calvados and Cider: The taste of this French apple brandy goes perfectly with hot cider. Add mulling spices and a float of whipped cream for a decadent dessert drink.
- Hazelnut Hot Chocolate: Add Frangelico liqueur to hot chocolate to create a tempting chocolate bar of a drink.
- Bittersweet Hot Chocolate and Red Wine: This may sound unappealing at first, but if you've ever eaten dark chocolate while drinking wine, you know that the two flavors combine beautifully. This is the perfect drink for the wine aficionado who wants a warm drink but doesn't enjoy mulled wine.
- Creole Coffee: For those who don't want to go straight to sleep after their after-dinner drink, this combination of coffee with brandy steeped with cloves, cinnamon, lemon and orange peel is relaxing and invigorating at the same time.
Wondering what you'll serve all these drinks in? Take a look at StainlessLUX's selection of stainless steel cups, tumblers and other drinkware.