Summer is a good time to switch up your snacking routine, opting for easy, light and healthy options that don't require you to heat up your kitchen by cooking! Here are some ideas to keep you full and energized throughout the day:
- Cranberry slushy: Health Magazine has an easy recipe for a cool cranberry slushy. Just mix a half-cup of cranberry juice cocktail, one cup of ice cubes and one teaspoon of lime juice. Serve from our double-walled stainless steel drinking glasses with matching straws for sipping in style.
- Fresh fruit: Many different kinds of fruit are currently in season, so stock up on fresh produce. Wash apples as soon as you get home from the market and arrange them in our square, stainless steel wire basket. This makes an attractive centerpiece for your kitchen counter or table, and you can quickly grab one and start munching when you feel peckish. Fruit salad looks great served from our handsome pedestal serving bowl. For a healthy dessert, throw some fresh berries into our small, stainless steel ice cream bowls and add a dollop of whipped cream.
- Frozen grapes: The Huffington Post recommends popping some grapes into the freezer for a refreshing, low-calorie snack.
- Homemade hummus: Homemade hummus often tastes better than the store-bought variety, and you'll know exactly what's in it! Use our high-quality mortar and pestle to grind chickpeas and tahini together the old-fashioned way.
- Trail mix: Nutrition expert Melissa O'Shea tells Marie Claire magazine that trail mix is easy to make and is great on-the-go. Keep a bowl on the counter or coffee table for easy snacking.
Browse the StainlessLUX website to see even more beautiful stainless steel products!