We recently discussed some healthy snacking options, but even the best snack in the world won't turn your day around if you failed to eat a healthy breakfast. After all, it's called the most important meal of the day for a reason! Here are some of our favorite ways to start the morning:
- Breakfast burrito: Women's Health Magazine suggests a lighter twist on your favorite breakfast burrito. Use a whole-wheat tortilla and egg whites to add fiber and cut fat. Some black beans and fat-free cheese provide extra protein.
- Cereal: Make Cooking Light's three-grain breakfast cereal with walnuts and dried fruit ahead of time so you can grab a quick bite before you rush out the door. We like to eat ours out of this stainless steel bowl, which keeps the milk chilled longer!
- Cookies: Cookies for breakfast? Sure, if they're made using nutritionist Joy Bauer's healthy cherry-and-oat recipe! Made with whole wheat, rolled oats, dried cherries and applesauce, you don't have to feel guilty about eating dessert every morning. Pile them on a handsome platter so everyone in your family can grab a couple as they run out the door.
- Parfait: Martha Stewart recommends layering yogurt, granola, cereal and fruit to make a decadent yet healthy parfait. Serve it in one of our brilliant drinking tumblers and you won't have to worry about breaking glass before you've had your morning coffee.
- Smoothie: Another great recipe from Cooking Light: a healthy peach and mango smoothie that will start your day off right. Prevent spills by using a StainlessLUX 18-ounce tumbler and reusable, stainless steel straws.
Browse the StainlessLUX website today to see even more handsome stainless steel products!