Many of us have gone to restaurants and thought — "I could make a meal out of the appetizers!" Doing just that can make for a fun and unique dinner party or family supper. To make sure everyone gets plenty to eat and is fully satisfied, include a wide variety of options:
- Fresh: Serving hors d'oeuvres for dinner doesn't mean you should forget about eating plenty of vegetables! Chop up some fresh bell peppers and celery sticks to serve with hummus. We also love a nice, summery Caprese salad, made from fresh tomatoes, mozzarella and basil. Just drizzle with olive oil and a little Balsamic vinegar and then sprinkle with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Easy: Offer at least some options that are easy to eat with your hands, especially if you're hosting a party where guests will be milling about while noshing. We love these grilled pepper poppers from Cooking Light and these mushroom tartlets by Martha Stewart. Don't forget to set out a plate of cheese and crackers!
- Global: One fun twist is to give your meal of appetizers a global theme, serving dishes from around the world.
- Hearty: Many appetizers tend to be light, but when they are the main event you want to include at least a few that are particularly hearty and filling. Try a filling dip like this delicious crab and corn option from Better Homes and Gardens. Our brilliant stainless steel bowl will come in handy, because it is pretty enough for serving and is also oven-safe for baking!
- Sweet: Set out a basket of fresh fruit to balance out all of the strong, savory flavors.
Browse the StainlessLUX website today!