Tea parties aren't just for kids! Next time you host a gathering for a group of women — perhaps a bridal or baby shower, book club or luncheon — throw a grown up tea party. Here are some tips for sipping in style:
- Encourage hats: Be sure to send out traditional invitations on pretty stationery. Encourage your guests to wear their favorite tea party attire, including pretty, Kate Middleton-inspired hats.
- Make dainty sandwiches: Sandwiches make great tea party fare, especially if you remove the crusts and divide them into tiny, bite-sized pieces. If you're feeling especially creative, use cookie cutters to cut them into fun shapes like flowers, circles or hearts.
- Offer fruit: Fresh fruit arranged in a delicate, flower-shaped wire basket will add to your table.
- Serve soup and salad: Of course, it can be hard to fill up on tiny tea sandwiches, so offer your guests a salad as well, served in our lovely stainless steel bowls. We also adore the idea of presenting Real Simple magazine's chilled, summery tomato soup in these handsome pedestal bowls, which are perfect for entertaining.
- Set out fresh flowers: Every tea party, whether held on the patio or inside, calls for fresh flowers. Arrange them in a tasteful, oblong vase like this one from StainlessLUX.
- Take the cake: What's a tea party without cake? We love this beautiful concoction from Bon Appetit.
- Tea: Don't forget the main event! Serve tea in beautiful, elegant stainless steel mugs that put a sophisticated, adult spin on the classic tea cup.
Browse the StainlessLUX website to see even more beautiful tools for entertaining!