Make the most out of the warm weather and throw a barbecue for your friends, family and neighbors. Here are our top tips for hosting the perfect grilling extravaganza:
- A little preparation goes a long way: Mareya Ibrahim, chef and author of East Like You Give a Fork: The Real Dish On Eating to Thrive, gives suggestion from AARP magazine that as the day of the event draws closer, you start by cleaning the grill. A good stainless steel grill brush can help get rid of stubborn meat, cheese and vegetables, she says. Next gather your grilling tools, including tongs; a basting brush; grill baskets; and separate cutting boards for meat, seafood and vegetables. Then check propane tanks; consider having a backup just in case. If you plan to use charcoal briquets or wood, make sure you have an ample supply and plenty of lighter fluid, Ibrahim says.
- Choose the food: Rick Mace, owner and executive chef of Tropical Smokehouse in West Palm Beach, Florida, gives suggestions from AARP magazine that he plans his barbecue menus in three parts: “snacks to welcome folks to the party, the main spread, and some sweet or savory snacks for noshing afterwards.”
- Build your own centerpiece: Follow Martha Stewart's lead and arrange raw vegetables in an edible crudite centerpiece that looks good and tastes great! We suggest using the StainlessLUX bowl / basket.
- Don't forget to provide drinks: If you're serving beer, offer it to guests in our stainless steel steins. Their double-walled construction help keep brew cold longer. This pitcher and cups are perfect for margaritas and iced tea. If it's hot outside, it's important that your guests stay hydrated so you should also be sure to provide big cups of icy cold water.
- Provide extras: Country Living suggests providing your guests with bug spray and sunscreen in case they forgot their own.
- Serve dessert: The best part of a barbecue is that it is easy and low-stress, so don't over-think dessert. Simply put some cookies out on a pretty tray, or serve milkshakes with fun stainless steel straws that the guests can take home!
Shop the StainlessLUX website to see even more great items that can help you throw the best barbecue of the summer!