An ice cream social is one of the easiest and most fun parties you can throw, especially during the hot summer months! Here are our top tips for a successful and sweet bash that guests of all ages are sure to love:
- Flavors: Offer guests at least a few flavors to choose from, such as vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. Offbeat flavors like pistachio can also be fun! If you have any guests with special dietary restrictions, try to offer something they can eat as well.
- Ice cream cups: Be sure to purchase attractive-yet-sturdy dishware like these lovely ice cream cups! Stainless steel is food safe and durable, and the double-walled construction keeps each scoop cold longer, giving you more time to add all of your favorite toppings!
- Invitations: Ice cream socials are typically casual shindigs, so e-vites are perfectly appropriate. However, it can be fun to send and receive paper invitations as suggested by Real Simple magazine.
- Menu: Better Homes and Gardens recommends making a cute menu to show guests their toppings options.
- Milkshakes: A fun twist on the typical ice cream social — a milkshake mixer! You'll need extra-large tumblers like those in this finely crafted, elegant set. Your guests will also love these fun stainless steel straws, which make great party favors.
- Refreshments: Ice cream makes a lot of people thirsty, so be sure to provide cold drinks. These brilliant tumblers will complement your ice cream cups, giving your party a pulled-together look.
- Toppings: The more toppings, the better! Fan favorites include chocolate sprinkles, rainbow sprinkles, peanut butter cups, Oreos, crushed toffee, graham crackers, gummy bears, butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, chocolate syrup, caramel sauce, pistachios and fresh fruit. Arrange them in pretty condiment bowls that serve with spoons.
Shop the StainlessLUX website today!