In many parts of the country, a hint of fall is already in the air, with folks enjoying bright crisp days and clear cool nights. If you're excited for autumn, be sure to celebrate it's arrival with some seasonal food and drink! Here are some of our favorites:
- Apples: If you live somewhere that apples grow, schedule time to go pick fruit at a local orchard with your family! Then arrange the bounty in a lovely, stainless steel wire basket on your counter. You'll have a quick and healthy snack at hand all week!
- Butternut squash gratin: Butternut squash is one of the most delicious vegetables of the season. We especially love it cooked in the Food Network's gratin casserole recipe with cheese, breadcrumbs and parsley. We like to cook individually sized portions in our gorgeous oven-safe bowls for an elegant twist on this cozy classic. Another great recipe: Better Homes & Gardens' butternut squash macaroni and cheese. Yum!
- Cider: Don't forget the apple cider! Serve it out of these handsome steins that your family members are sure to love!
- Nuts: Set out some candied nuts in a pretty little bowl for mid-meal snacking. (Try this easy recipe from Martha Stewart.)
- Tabletop: These aren't for eating or drinking, but they'll add a festive touch to your fall table! Arrange branches with fall leaves in a tall stainless steel vase for a seasonally appropriate centerpiece. Set out some wonderful stainless steel candlestick holders to add a bit of cozy, flickering candlelight once the sun has started to set a bit earlier. A sturdy base has a built-in drip plate for safety.
Browse the StainlessLUX website to see even more beautiful stainless steel items for your kitchen and home!